I don’t use Patreon any more so you might want to cancel your subscription on there. Unfortunately Patreon don’t make it particularly easy to cancel your membership. The whole process is just a bit… shifty. This is how to do it via a desktop web browser:
1. Navigate to ‘Manage memberships’ (top right of screen):
2. Find the membership you wish to cancel and click ‘Edit’:
3. Click ‘Edit or Cancel Membership’:
4. Click ‘Cancel your membership’:
5. Fill out the cancellation survey and you should be done.
6. Having problems cancelling Patreon? Are they haranguing you to sign up to a different membership tier?
Yup, this is very shifty and par for the course I’m afraid. I’m equally disgusted by this. If you’re signed up to an older tier that doesn’t exist any more you may see the screen below. You’ll notice there’s no ‘Edit or Cancel Membership’ option. Do NOT click ‘Join’. Instead you’ll need to click ‘Make a custom pledge’:
7. Click ‘Edit or Cancel Membership’
8. Click ‘Cancel your membership’
You should then be able to follow the remaining cancellation steps and you should be done. If you have any problems with this do get in touch.