Recent Subscriber Articles
- I messed up the cornice! (Member Exclusive)
- The dust was biblical! (Member Exclusive)
- Soundproofing a ceiling – detailed version (Member Exclusive)
- Kitchen, bedroom reveal and much more! (Member Exclusive)
- How much did our self-build extension cost? (Member Exclusive)
- What does a UK plastering job look like? (Member Exclusive)
Welcome to the Gosforth Handyman Member Zone! An online e-magazine of regular articles for fans of the Gosforth Handyman YouTube channel. Join the community and you’ll get access to behind the scenes renovation articles, job pricing information, SketchUp tutorials for beginners and loads more. No adverts, no politics, no trolls. Just interesting exclusive content for people who love to make stuff.
SketchUp is an invaluable FREE design tool for woodworkers, construction workers and DIYers alike. It lets you plan things in 3D and can be used for everything from making a simple table through to full architectural work. Also great for things like garden design, room layouts and a whole host of other stuff. In this series of articles we’ll go through the basics of using SketchUp from absolute beginner level.
- SketchUp: Part 1 – Getting Started (Public Video)
- SketchUp: Part 2 – Copying & Rotating Objects (Member Exclusive)
- SketchUp: Part 3 – Dimensions & Basic Cutting Plans (Member Exclusive)
- SketchUp: Part 4 – Layers & Hiding Things (Member Exclusive)
- SketchUp: Part 5 – Room Design & Floorplans (Member Exclusive)
- Working through design changes (Member Exclusive)
- Let’s look at our final extension plans (Member Exclusive)
- New plans and lots of updates! (Member Exclusive)
Pricing Up Work
One of the most common questions I’m asked about is how to price up work. It’s a subject that few tradespeople talk about and I think that needs to change. In this series of articles I’m going to be totally up-front and honest about how much I’ve charged customers for various jobs. I’ll even share some of my biggest mistakes!
- Job Pricing: Solid Wood Hi-Fi Rack (Member Exclusive)
- Job Pricing: Bookcase Build & Install (Member Exclusive)
- Job Pricing: Loft Storage with Solid Oak (Member Exclusive)
- Job Pricing: Floating Shelves (Member Exclusive)
- Job Pricing: Art Deco Fire Surround (Member Exclusive)
- Job Pricing: Contemporary Alcove Units (Member Exclusive)
- When joinery job pricing goes wrong! (Member Exclusive)
- How much would it cost to make an IKEA Kallax unit from scratch? (Members Exclusive)
- Job Pricing: Antique furniture repair (Member Exclusive)
- Job Pricing: Alcove units detailed installation (Member Exclusive)
How does it work?
You can subscribe on a monthly or yearly basis. Your subscription gives you access to exclusive articles via this website. You can sign up for as little as £2 per month and you can cancel your subscription at any time. You also get free access to the exclusive member-only forum – a place to learn from other members and discuss ideas without trolls, spam or adverts. This whole site is privacy focused – unlike most websites, we don’t track your every move.
What do I get?
- Exclusive member-only content
- Detailed job costing articles
- Free access to the member-only forum
You also get my eternal thanks for supporting the channel directly. You can browse through the content here. You’ll not get access to the full articles and videos until you sign up.
Most websites use tracking technologies. These systems monitor your movements between different sites to bombard you with targeted advertising. It’s not great and the implications on personal privacy through sites such as Facebook are huge. None of that here – if you don’t believe me look at what Firefox thinks of this site:
How do I join?
You can join here. Silver membership gives you access to everything. Gold membership give you extra kudos points and as a special thank you you’ll get your name listed in the credits of my public videos:
|Silver (monthly)||£2.00 per Month.||Select|
|Gold (monthly)||£5.00 per Month.||Select|
|Silver (yearly)||£20.00 per Year.||Select|
|Gold (yearly)||£50.00 per Year.||Select|